No one wants their friends to get sick, but most of us at some point will need to send a Get Well gift. And at that point, the question always is: What to get?
Borrowing from a late night TV host, here is a list of Top 10 Get Well Gifts:
- Candy/chocolates. An obvious one, but almost everyone enjoys a sweet indulgence when they are not feeling well.
- Plants/flowers, balloons. Put these in the category of “eye candy” or something to brighten up the room.
- Magazines/books, puzzle book. Boredom is a main complaint of those who are bedridden, so something to pass the time is a welcome distraction.
- Itunes gift card. In our new tech-savvy world, apps can take the place of puzzle books (see #8). Let your recovering friend choose from the thousands of game/puzzle/activity apps available as another way to alleviate boredom.
- Soup. Grandma was right. Whether homemade or store bought, a nice bowl of warm soup can really hit the spot.
- Gifts of comfort. Whether it is:
- Cozy, fuzzy socks
- Scented candle
- Luxurious hand lotion. Nothing says “feel better” like comfy gifts.
- Drinks. Bottle of wine, or a flavored tea.
- For the recovering friend who has received “all of the above”, think about a gift they can look forward to using once they are on the mend: movie tickets, or a gift certificate for a manicure .
I hope this was helpful, and even more than that, I hope you never need to use it!