Most of us were not born with a silver spoon in our mouths, so we have to work for a living. It is great to be able to work at something we love, but that is not always the case. So if we don’t do what we like we should learn to like what we do. This usually takes some motivation. Where we get that motivation is up to each individual person. Personally, I find motivational quotes for work are an inspiration to me. They raise my spirit and give me the right outlook to continue in a positive, upbeat fashion.
Here are my top ten favorites:
- I found that the men and women who got to the top were those who did the jobs they had in hand, with everything they had of energy and enthusiasm and hard work. Harry S. Truman, 33rd President of the United States
- I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States
- There are two kinds of people, those who do the work and those who take the credit. Try to be in the first group; there is less competition there. Indira Gandhi, 3rd Prime Minister of India
- My principal motivation is supporting my family, which is not a bad reason for getting up in the morning. That’s always been my motivation – to take care of the people who rely on me. Tony Parsons, British Journalist and Author
- If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday. Noel Coward, English Playwright, Composer and Director
- The highest reward for a person’s toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it. John Ruskin,, English Writer and Art Critic
- The biggest mistake that you can make is to believe that you are working for somebody else. Job security is gone. The driving force of a career must come from the individual. Remember: Jobs are owned by the company, you own your career! Earl Nightingale, American Motivational Speaker, Author and Radio Host
- Every job is a self portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence. Jessica Guidobono ,Canadian Author
- Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves. William Patten, American Biologist & Zoologist
- For me, motivation is a person who has the capability to recruit the resources he needs to achieve a goal. Arsene Wenger, French Football Coach
I find I am able to work better, have a better outlook and enjoy my work, life and family better when I remember what is important to me. Wherever you find the inspiration use it to enhance the quality of life you live. If one or more of these quotes help, by all means use them for inspiration or gather some favorites to use for that added boost to your morale. Then go out and conquer the world, personally I’m too tired from all that reading.