Greeting Card Crafts
From Thanksgiving, through the Christmas holidays and until New Year's Day your mailbox gets filled with holiday greeting cards. You hang them on holiday card trees, string them across a room, use them as decorations for your Christmas tree or even tape them to the walls. But what to do with all those holiday cards after the holidays are over? Some of them are just too pretty to throw away. Some may have sentimental meaning to you. Below are a few ideas for recycling your favorites. Don't limit yourself to only Christmas cards. All-occasion cards such as birthday, anniversary and thank you cards also have many beautiful designs you may want to consider.
Choose a theme, such "Winter Wonderland" or "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" Cut out the pictures and arrange them on a piece of cardboard (a cereal box is ideal)Glue (Modge Podge works well for this craft) the pictures to the cardboard and then brush Modge Podge on the top of the pictures for a strong glossy finish. After it dries, cut in puzzle size pieces with an Xacto knife.
Christmas Gift Tags
This is so easy. Cut the front of an old Christmas card or just the picture from any greeting card. Punch a hole and place ribbon through it.
Your local craft store sells wooden plaques in all different shapes and sizes. Paint or stain the wood. After it dries, use Modge Podge to glue the picture to the plaque. Put another coat of Modge Podge over the picture for a glossy finish. This can be great in place of a holiday card or Christmas card.
Glue your pictures to cardboard. (You may want to paint the bottom of the cardboard first.) Laminate or use clear Con-tac paper.
Your favorites designs can be framed and hung on the wall. Or artfully arrange a few personalized greeting cards in one frame.
- FSC Protecting and Maintaining Forests on a Global Scale
- Wind Power to Propel The Gallery Collection into the Future of Greeting Cards
- Tips for Picking & Writing Sympathy Cards
- Benefit Big from Personalized Business Greeting Cards
- How to Compose a Sympathy Message
- Sympathy Card Message Suggestions
- E-Motional Benefits of Greeting Cards?
- Fine Art of Negotiating One Holiday or Christmas Card To Send
- How to Write Condolence Cards & Sympathy Notes
- Putting the Quality in our Premium Quality Greeting Cards
- Should I Order a Single Card Design, or an Assortment Box?
- Ways to Increase Customer Retention
- Proper Ways to Address and Send Greeting Cards
- Are Your Greeting Cards Politically Correct with Your Audience?
- Creating a Company Logo
- Etiquette for Expressing Condolences
- Vegetable Inks for a Healthy Greeting Card
- Supporting Our Troops with Some Holiday Cheer
- Holiday Greeting Card Etiquette for Signing your Company Cards this Christmas Season
- Sympathy Phrases to Avoid When Writing Bereavement Cards