At Prudent Publishing Company ("The Company"), we believe it is important to protect and respect the privacy of our customers and guests. We know that you care about how your personal information is collected, updated, used and shared; and we want you to make knowledgeable choices about the information you provide to us.
This Privacy Statement describes our policies and practices in the areas of: Notice, Consent, Access, Security, and Enforcement.
- General. We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you or allows us to contact you ("Personal Information"). Generally this information is requested when you place an order for our products, or when you contact us for information. We use your Personal Information for the following primary purposes:
Collected Information. The Company may collect information from you in several different ways including the following:
- To facilitate your orders of our products.
- To make our website (the "Site") easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- To help you quickly find information on the Site.
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from our company.
Opt Out. You have a choice about how your browsing behavior is monitored. Consult your browser Help menu to learn more about how you can configure your browser software to notify you when your computer receives a new cookie. Note that you may also be able to configure your browser to disable the creation of cookies entirely (although your full interactive use of the Site may be adversely impacted if you do this. For example, you may not be able to place on-line orders for our products. You can use the below link to opt out of the third party cookies that collect your information (name, address, and purchasing behavior):
DISCLOSURE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- Information from the Site. The Company will never disclose to non-affiliated third parties, without your prior approval, your e-mail address, phone number, credit card information, site usage, or site preferences that we collect via the Site. However, we reserve the right to outsource certain activities such as shipping and credit card processing to our business partners. In such case, we will disclose to these business partners only such information as is required to facilitate your transactions, and we will make every effort to have our business partners protect and refrain from disclosing your information to other third parties. Further, The Company will cooperate with official law enforcement inquiries, such as fraud investigations and subpoenas, and will disclose your information when necessary to comply with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Information Disclosed for Direct Marketing. The Company occasionally makes our customers' physical mailing addresses available to a few carefully screened companies whose products or services may interest our clients. We believe participation is our customers' choice so all ordering customers are offered the option to prevent personal information from being disclosed; and a cost free means of exercising this option is always provided either by email to email@example.com, or call us toll-free 1-800-950-7064.
The Company takes commercially reasonable steps to protect the security of your Personal Information, and honors your choices for its intended use. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction both online and off-line. To the extent that you are asked to enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) online at the Site, that information is protected from access by any third parties using commercial practices prevalent within the online industry (e.g., Secure Sockets Layer ("SSL") technology). When such security technology is used, depending on your browser software, you will be notified by various means such as by the "lock" icon located at the bottom the Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer screens.ENFORCEMENT
If for some reason you believe The Company has not adhered to the principles of this Privacy Statement, please notify us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly.ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Links. The Site may contain links to other sites, however, please be aware that The Company is not responsible for and cannot control the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave the Site, and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy Statement applies solely to information collected by the Prudent Publishing Site.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) - Effective January 1, 2020
If you reside in California, you have the following rights:
- The right to know about your Personal Information collected, how it is used and shared
- The right to delete your personal information collected
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information
- The right to non-discrimination for exercising your CCPA rights
- The right to know what information we have collected about you. You can request for us to disclose this personal information no more than twice in a 12-month period.
- The categories of personal information collected
- Specific pieces of personal information collected
- The categories of sources from which we collected your personal information
- The purposes for which we use the personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information
- The categories of information that we sell or disclose to third parties
Information We Collect
We collect the following categories of personal information, as defined in the CCPA, from or about you and may have disclosed this information for a business purpose:
- Personal Identifiers: such as your name, email address, postal address, IP address, phone number, fax number, account name.We may generate some of these identifiers internally, such as your account name.
- Customer Records: such as payment information (including credit card and other financial information provided by you)
- Protected Classifications: such as your date of birth (only applicable if you participate in Scholarship and/or Photo contests)
- Commercial information: such as what you purchase or consider purchasing from us and other requests you make
- Internet/network activity: such as browsing history, search history and pages you visit on our site
- Geolocation data: in the form of non-precise geolocation implied by your IP address
- Inferences: such as those based on the information we collect from or about you, so that we can better understand your preferences and behavior, including to customize content and display advertising to you
If we have disclosed your personal information to any third parties for a business purpose over the past 12 months, upon request, we will identify the categories of personal information shared with each category of third party recipient.
If we have sold your personal information over the past 12 months, upon request, we will identify the categories of personal information sold to each category of third party recipient.
Exercising Your Rights:
To exercise the rights described above, you must send us a request that (1) provides sufficient information to allow us to verify that you are the person about whom we have collected personal information, and (2) describes your request in sufficient detail to allow us to understand, evaluate and respond to it. Each request that meets both of these criteria will be considered a “Valid Request.” We may not respond to requests that do not meet these criteria. We will only use personal information provided in a Valid Request to verify your identity and complete your request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information using the following methods:
Back To Top