Wind Power to Propel The Gallery Collection into the Future of Greeting Cards
Wind power is a key player in the growing trend of renewable energy. Much of the world is realizing that our excessive use of fossil fuels has resulted in global warming, which could potentially lead to catastrophic changes in the earth's climate. We are at a crucial point in the history of mankind where we need to change our consumption habits and start making use of renewable energy that is abundant, clean, and environmentally-friendly.
The Gallery Collection has made a commitment to wind power energy by being an environmentally-friendly company, specifically in the manufacturing of our personalized greeting cards and envelope stock. Currently, we sell over 200 business greeting cards, business Christmas cards, all-occasion, and birthday greeting cards that are produced in wind power paper mills. Additionally, all of our greeting card envelopes are made in these eco-friendly facilities which are utilizing Green-e certified renewable energy that assists us in our commitment to being an environmentally-friendly greeting card company.
Fossil fuels produce toxic atmospheric and greenhouse gas emissions such as carbon dioxide, sulfur dioxide, and nitrogen oxide. Did you know that wind power has zero emissions, making it one of the cleanest alternative methods of generating electricity? Here are some additional facts about wind power:
- As of 2003, the United States released 6 billion metric tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere, making us a leader in the production of harmful greenhouse gas emissions.
- A standard 1-MW wind turbine displaces nearly 1,800 tons of carbon dioxide each year, which is equivalent to planting nearly one square mile of forest. To generate the same amount of electricity as a single 1-MW turbine for 20 years would require burning 29,000 tons of coal or 92,000 barrels of oil.
- With the help of modern-day technology, there is enough wind power flowing throughout the country to supply all of our electricity needs
- In 2005, the United States used 3,660 billion kilowatt hours of electricity. Remarkably, the total amount of domestic wind that could potentially be harvested into energy has been estimated at 10,777 billion kilowatt hours of electricity three times the electricity generated in the U.S. in 2005.
- Today, enough wind power is produced domestically to fully power 1.6 million households for one year. By 2020, that number is expected to grow to 25 million homes, equaling about 64.8 million people or 20% of our population.
For more information on wind power, please visit the American Wind Energy Association.
- FSC Protecting and Maintaining Forests on a Global Scale
- Tips for Picking & Writing Sympathy Cards
- Benefit Big from Personalized Business Greeting Cards
- How to Compose a Sympathy Message
- Sympathy Card Message Suggestions
- E-Motional Benefits of Greeting Cards?
- Fine Art of Negotiating One Holiday or Christmas Card To Send
- How to Write Condolence Cards & Sympathy Notes
- Greeting Card Crafts
- Putting the Quality in our Premium Quality Greeting Cards
- Should I Order a Single Card Design, or an Assortment Box?
- Ways to Increase Customer Retention
- Proper Ways to Address and Send Greeting Cards
- Are Your Greeting Cards Politically Correct with Your Audience?
- Creating a Company Logo
- Etiquette for Expressing Condolences
- Vegetable Inks for a Healthy Greeting Card
- Supporting Our Troops with Some Holiday Cheer
- Holiday Greeting Card Etiquette for Signing your Company Cards this Christmas Season
- Sympathy Phrases to Avoid When Writing Bereavement Cards