The hardest decision you may have at the office is: what to write on your boss’s birthday card. If your office is like mine then you get a birthday card from the boss with a little personal note. As of a matter of fact it is signed by several of my superiors. So when their birthday comes along, my dilemma is what to write that is a little more personal. Friendly without being syrupy is the way to go. I have made up a list of good and bad phrases for use in a bosses birthday card.
- Happy Birthday to the most awesome, beautiful, funny, great friend – Have a fabulous birthday.(a little over the top)
- Boss in honor of your birthday we are all taking the day off. (if only)
- Boss you are not hold just vintage. ( might not fly)
- Happy birthday to the big cheese. (a little to familiar)
- Wishing you success since you are the best boss in the world. (can we say – really!)
- Even a boss like you is human on their birthday. (time to find another job)
- To the best boss – from all your nuts. (a step too far)
- To the king of the rat race. (maybe not)
- To celebrate your birthday – you can give everyone a raise.(I’m out of here)
- You inspire me to do my best. Happy Birthday.
- Wishing a great day to a great mentor.
- It’s your birthday boss – celebrate!
- It’s been a pleasure to work with you – Happy Birthday.
- To the best boss – Happy Birthday
- May the year bring you more success.
- Enjoy your day – you deserve a celebration.
It may seem simple to wish your boss a happy birthday, but remember what you put in writing lives forever. I happen to like my boss. Out of respect for him, I will only write something polite and warm. Crossing the line to funny can always be misconstrued. Bye the way – Enjoy your next birthday.