No one wants their friends to get sick, but most of us at some point will need to send a Get Well gift. And at that point, the question always is: What to get?
Borrowing from a late night TV host, here is a list of Top 10 Get Well Gifts:
- Candy/chocolates. An obvious one, but almost everyone enjoys a sweet indulgence when they are not feeling well.
- Plants/flowers, balloons. Put these in the category of “eye candy” or something to brighten up the room.
- Magazines/books, puzzle book. Boredom is a main complaint of those who are bedridden, so something to pass the time is a welcome distraction.
- Itunes gift card. In our new tech-savvy world, apps can take the place of puzzle books (see #8). Let your recovering friend choose from the thousands of game/puzzle/activity apps available as another way to alleviate boredom.
- Soup. Grandma was right. Whether homemade or store bought, a nice bowl of warm soup can really hit the spot.
- Gifts of comfort. Whether it is:
- Cozy, fuzzy socks
- Scented candle
- Luxurious hand lotion. Nothing says “feel better” like comfy gifts.
- Drinks. Bottle of wine, or a flavored tea.
- For the recovering friend who has received “all of the above”, think about a gift they can look forward to using once they are on the mend: movie tickets, or a gift certificate for a manicure .
I hope this was helpful, and even more than that, I hope you never need to use it!
One thought on “Top 10 Get Well Gifts”
Great ideas! When you are out, it always helps when you know someone is thinking of you.