When an employee or a coworker anniversary comes up, it’s always nice to show your appreciation by giving them a gift they would enjoy. Whether it is their first year or their fiftieth a simple present can express how much you value their efforts. Plus you don’t have to break the bank doing it! Below are ten great ideas if you can’t figure the right thing to give. And don’t forget, always send employee anniversary cards for that extra special touch!
1. Gift Card with a Gift Card Holder – Add a personal touch to a gift card with a gift card holder. You can create one out of scrap booking paper with a pretty design and glue it together like an envelope. The gift card could go towards their favorite store, restaurant or even a spa treatment. It’s a simple present but with the gift card holder it’ll look like you put some thought into it and best of all it prevents the risk of getting something they may not like.
2. Gift Basket – They are varieties of gift baskets that can be specialized to what you know your coworker / employee would like. Fill the gift basket with something edible, beauty/bath products or focused on a theme.
3. Bake It Yourself (BIY) Jars – If your coworker likes sweets or likes to bake create BIY jar. Simply add the dry ingredients into a mason jar. Provide them with instructions on how to assemble the ingredients together and tie the top with some colorful string.
4. Handmade soaps/lotions – It always good to show support to local shops and by buying bath soaps and lotions from a local store are authentic and they tend to smell better too. It also looks great to put them together in a basket on top of some brown paper or tissue paper.
5. Tea Assortment Box – After a hard days work, sometimes a cup of tea is all that is required to unwind. Give your employee / coworker the essentials for them to relax at their desk or at home. The assortment will leave the option for them to either to soothe the stress away with some Chamomile or English Breakfast when they need a little pick me up.
6. Coffee Mug – Everyone enjoys a good coffee mug at their desk. Find something that is personal with stuff you know your employee / coworker would love. Pick a design with their favorite sports team, a funny message or of their favorite animal pet.
7. Sport Memorabilia – Sport fans love to show their appreciation to their favorite teams. If you know they are a big fan of a particular sports team and like to show it, give them a jersey, a poster or a ball with their favorite sports logo.
8. Recipe Book – Some people love to cook; a recipe book that’s simple and quick of their favorite cuisine or from their favorite chef. Maybe they’ll enjoy it so much; they will bring something to share with everyone else in the office.
9. Luggage – When they go away for business or on vacation, a travel bag makes the perfect present. Get it with personalization too. For business or vacation, it’s nice to have something to put one’s stuff away when you need it.
10. Office plant – Brighten up your employee’s desk or cubicle with a touch of green. Plants in an office environment are known to improve productivity and purify the air. Although, some office areas can have limited sunlight or central air in the building can vary often, so find a plant that’s low maintenance and can withstand variation of light and shade. Such as; a spider plant, a philodendron or a peace lily.
3 thoughts on “Anniversary Gift Ideas for Employees”
My coworkers anniversary with the company was coming up and to salute her 10 years, I secreted a photo of her grandchildren from her desk and had it reproduced on a mousepad for her desk. She was thrilled!
All of these sound like something I would love to receive! Recently I have bought three plants for my cubicle at the office, it really makes the place feel homey
I received a tea assortment box as an anniversary gift from my company after 5 years. I was so surprised and gratified. It came with a special tea cup which now sits in my china cabinet as a reminder that I am an important part of the team 🙂