Team building in the workplace needs to be a part of every company’s list of important items that should be implemented. The goal in each company is to be productive and to generate revenue. While it is important to have a great product and/or service, it is also important to have happy and content employees. Team building activities help to boost morale. They also improve communication and productivity. It can be a great motivator.
Team building activities for work can be simple or a bit more involved. Here are just a few suggestions:
1. Plan a field trip. One company I worked for planned a trip to the local bowling alley. It was a great way to get to know each other without the pressure of work and deadlines. Lots of fun and laughs.
2. Work together for a good cause. Facilitate a volunteer outing. A Spring clean-up of a park, for instance. Ask your employees for suggestions.
3. Have a baking contest. The employees could show off their baking skills, while the non bakers could be the tasting judges.
4. Brain teasers and riddles that require team participation.
5. Problem solving activities, such as a puzzle that would require team effort to complete.
These are just a few. There are many online resources that can provide many more ideas. Check it out and have fun!