There are certain behaviors at the office (and in life) that are best to avoid and can actually hurt your chances of being voted “Coolest Co-Worker”. Are you going through life blissfully unaware of how you are perceived by others? Take our quiz and find out.
Give yourself one point for every Q you said yes to below:
1. You firmly believe that the thermostat at the office should intuitively adjust to your body temperature alone. The rest of them can put on a sweater or buy a fan.
2. You keep a smug little smirk on your face at all times like you know all of the office gossip, most of which you started, so you should.
3. You plague your office co-workers with Facebook Friend Requests and get all bent out of shape when they are ignored.
4. You bring a cell phone into the rest room and proceed to carry on your conversation for the whole duration of your visit. After all, you’ve got some really important stuff to say.
5. You gave one of your co-workers a ManGroomer, a handy tool that conveniently removes all that unwanted back hair, or some other equally embarrassing gift at the last holiday office grab bag.
6. You talk really loudly on your cell phone going up the office elevator, in fact, you talk loudly every where you go. Everyone wants to hear your plans to attend the next Star Trek convention don’t they?
7. You show up for every meeting late, unprepared and looking put out that no one thought to remind you that the meeting started 20 minutes ago.
8. You never bring anything to the office party or buy the cheapest thing you can find yet you are first in line for the food…going back for seconds and even thirds.
9. You take off your shoes, exposing your bare, un-manicured “hobbit like” feet at the work. After all, how are you expected to get anything done if you are not comfortable?
10. You think that everyone in the office over the age of 30 is old and gleefully take every opportunity to remind them that you are “much too young to remember” whatever unbelievably boring thing they just mentioned or sprinkle conversations with endearing comments like “Wow! I didn’t even think that was invented when you were my age!”
11. You enjoy going for jogs in the hot sun at lunch time and then join your co-workers around the meeting table in the afternoon. Of course, you are considerate and put on lots of your favorite perfume or cologne so as not to offend anyone.
12. You are absolutely convinced you are always the smartest person in a room. You are sure to let everyone know it too through a series of yawns, patronizing remarks, snorting when others speak, or rolling your eyes in disgust at their sheer ignorance of your own brilliance.
13. You delight in the mistakes of others and think it is both cute and funny to discuss them loudly while the boss passes by. Really, though you are only trying to help.
14. You think “business casual” means wearing pajama pants to the office or a stained t-shirt that your Mother forgot to wash…again.
15. Complaining is the job you do best. When you make a mistake it is always your co-workers, customer or management’s fault. No doubt, the government also had a hand in it.
The Results Are In!
13-15 Points – Congratulations on your Winning Behavior at Work! You just won yourself a Charlie Sheen “Winning” T-Shirt! Be sure to post your quiz results on all of your favorite social media channels!
8-10 Points – You appear to suffer from Borderline Office Obnoxious Disorder and should seek guidance from your HR Department. Ummm…hopefully, you don’t work in the HR Department.
7-5 Points – You can be quite annoying at times but are not full fledged obnoxious. As long as there is at least one person more obnoxious than you at work, your less desirable behavior will go, for the most part, undetected or at least ignored.
5-3 Points – You in the vast majority of people who have infrequent bouts of obnoxious
that can be brushed off by attributing it to a) that recent case of swine flu b) erratic hormone levels c) global warming d) all of the above.
2-0 Points – You are either a considerate co-worker or your complete lack self awareness made you fail to score yourself accurately on this quiz.
What are other annoying habits of co-workers left off this list? Be sure to leave a comment and let us know!