Thanksgiving is the time of year when we reflect on things and people we are thankful for. It’s a perfect time to show appreciation for the hard work your employees put in throughout the year. Below are five gift ideas to acknowledge the value of your employees during Thanksgiving.
1. Thanksgiving Cards – Greeting cards are an inexpensive, but thoughtful way to show thanks. Personalize the cards with their names and a message wishing them and their families a Happy Thanksgiving. If you have the time, hand deliver the cards to each employee – it’s a nice way to personally communicate that you value them as individuals and opens the door to learn a little about them.
2. Wine – Depending on the nature of your business, a small bottle of wine may be appropriate. If you’re looking to go the extra mile, decorate the top of the bottle with some festive string! Whether your employees choose to enjoy it with their family or give as a gift to someone else, it is a great way to spread seasonal joy.
3. Pie – If your business is a bit too conservative for wine, perhaps you could spread thanks with holiday pies. Apple, pumpkin, pecan, blueberry – choose one, or let your employees choose! They’ll appreciate the thought and be relieved to have something to bring to their relative’s Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Gift Card – Thanksgiving and the holiday season in general tend to become expensive. A generic or supermarket gift card is a considerate gesture for an employee Thanksgiving gift. The flexibility of a gift card allows them to spend it on whatever will make their holiday more special.
5. Potluck/Banquet – Whether you choose to rent a space or coordinate employees to bring their own dishes, a spread of food is always a well-received gesture. Let employees sit, relax and socialize with one another over a good meal. Don’t be shy to have a seat yourself and join in!
Whether it’s giving a gift or sharing some words, the saying “it’s the thought that counts” carries more weight than you may think. Regardless of your budget there is always a way to show appreciation for the people who help run your business. This season, take the time to thank them.
7 thoughts on “5 Employee Gift Ideas For Thanksgiving”
I think I would really like a card, I have never received a Thanksgiving card before.
I like the gift card idea the best especially with Christmas around the corner, it doesn’t even have to be much money, it would be the thought that counts-better yet, how about the Wednesday before Thanksgiving could be a half day
When I was younger, companys gave out tukeys and hams for Thanksgiving-have times changed-I miss those days but I am so happy to have had experience
Pie always wins in my book. Its delicious and you can share.
Potlucks are the best. They provide opportunities for co-workers to spend time together in a less formal setting. It’s nice to get to know the folks you work with which fosters a better relationship when you’re on the job.
Food and giving employees time to relax and socialize during work hours is always nice 🙂
I love the pie idea as a gift for Thanksgiving. You can keep it or bring it to a gathering to share! Pumpkin, apple, coconut custard, and chocolate cream pie are favorites!