For the first time, I have been put in charge of this year’s holiday festivities. So the big question is – What to serve at an office Christmas party? I’ve honestly not given it much thought before. I usually just show up and the food is there. Isn’t it funny how we think that this just magically happens?
As I started my planning, I was thinking that I want it to be fun and festive. However, I don’t want it to become overly complicated. With that in mind, I began to research my options. I came up with the following ideas:
- Foods that can be kept warm in chafing dishes. Baked ziti, chicken marsala, sausage with peppers, etc.
- Tossed salad (I would only offer a few different dressing types)
- Rolls (splurge for the individual butter portions, if budget allows)
- Easy to eat treats for dessert, such as cookies and brownies.
- Bottled water, coffee & tea
You can also go potluck, and ask your fellow employees if they would like to contribute. Post a sign up sheet so people can sign up and enter what they would like to bring. Otherwise you may wind up with multiples of the same thing. This will allow your fellow employees the chance to participate while showing of their favorite holiday specialty!