Success is many different things to many different people. It is not always about money and career. Success is about happiness, good health, satisfying relationships, living life to its fullest, peace of mind, and achieving an overall sense of well- being. What does success mean to you?
- “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.” -Mark Twain
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
- “Don’t aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.” -David Frost
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” -Michelle Obama
- “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” -Henry David Thoreau
- “The best revenge is massive success.” -Frank Sinatra
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” -Winston Churchill
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” -Arthur Ashe
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” -Babe Ruth
- “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” -Steve Jobs
19 thoughts on “10 Success Quotes from Famous Leaders”
I love the quotes you have. Success is a very personal achievement. We should all measure it by what we think is important.
I believe that if you follow your heart and do the best you can to be a good person you will be a success.
Great sayings. I just heard one today from Mark Twain:
“The two most important days in your life are the day you were born and the day you realize why”
As a baseball fan I love the Babe Ruth quote. He struck out a gazillion times but he also hit over 700 homers, you have to be able to accept the possibility of failure in order to succeed. Can’t hit a home run if you don’t swing.
these quotes are amazing and inspirational. the Steve Jobs one is very relatable to the young minds of our present
I just finished a book by Thoreau and he is a truly a quotable author. Churchill is one of my heroes, though he is a controversial figure in history. I also enjoy reading the maxims penned by Benjamin Franklin, although many say he was not the originator of most of the sayings he wrote in “Poor Richard’s Almanac.” Here’s a favorite quote of a dear old friend of mine, “Encouragement strengthens labor.” Now that’s a good one!
Thank you for sharing such great quotes! I absolutely love the one by Steve Jobs. Success is often something that does not show instant gratification or instant recognition. In fact, I feel like when someone endeavors to do something new or different, it seems like they may be failing. Like things aren’t working out. But true success takes persistence, endurance, patience and a drive to make something better. You have to fall many times to get back up but at the end of the day, as long as you don’t give up, you are a success!!! The only failure is the failure of not even trying.
I am such a quote nerd! My favorite here had to be “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” -Lao Tzu . True indeed!
Wow! The Steve Job quote was right on point. I must share these quotes with my students.
Steve Jobs quote is the best in my opinion. For all the kids out there with ADD or ADHD, and for the ones who don’t quite fit the mold or are the class clowns, but truly have creativity running through their blood, this is for them. Reach for your dreams and don’t let anyone stop you!
It’s great to see the Babe Ruth quote while the playoffs are going on. There are so many amazing quotes from athletes.
Thank you for the inspiration! These are great quotes to hang up on your wall so you remember them each day…especially the tough days 🙂
Love all these quotes! You have to remember to keep a positive spin on all you do. Was it Jordan that said, “I didn’t lose the game…I just ran out of time”
These are really good quotes. My favorite is – “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” -Arthur Ashe. This shows you that the sky is limit and no matter where you are in life, you have to start somewhere. Just do what you can and DON’T GIVE UP.
When you are overwhelmed, it’s harder to be productive. I feel strongly that “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” by Lao Tzu makes sense to remember!
But what about the square pegs in the circle holes, Steve. They can’t fit……
Thank you for these inspirational quotes! My favorite is Michelle Obama’s: “Success isn’t about how much money you make. It’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” This is so true and I think kindness is what people will remember most.
It is interesting to see how someone “famous” views particular topics. My daddy always said…
Such great quotes!