Are you worried about being a part of the office holiday party because the buying of a miscellaneous gift for a mysterious person is daunting? Well, time to be creative. Buying a grab bag gift for the office holiday party can be fun. Make the most of it and be creative. I know it is easy to just run out a wrap a gift card up, but anyone can do that. Gift cards are great but presents are even better. The excitement of opening an odd shaped item or a crazy wrapped box is part of the fun.
Don’t know the sex, age, marital status or interest of the person? Not a problem! Here are some great gift ideas that almost anyone could appreciate but would not spend the money on themselves.
• Scrabble anyone? A board game is something all can enjoy. They can bring the family together to make up for all time the dedicated employee spends at work.
• Puzzles/Books? Enough with the family time. Give a book or puzzle so your coworker has a mental escape from life.
• Give a night out. These are things we seldom splurge on for ourselves. Give the gift of movie or play tickets along with a dinner gift certificate.
• Another great idea: Gift baskets. Get a decorative basket and fill it with goodies such as popcorn, chocolate, chips, candy….
• Wine anyone? How about the monthly programs out there where a person will receive a different wine, dessert, lobster, or steak every month? This is a gift that keeps on giving.
• The cold weather is now approaching so why not give gifts for the car? An emergency kit, a funky ice scrapper, snow brush, etc. will definitely be appreciated on those difficult mornings.
Don’t be afraid to dive right in and give the grab bag gift that the entire office is talking about. It is easy and fun to be part of the company grab bag. Have a happy holiday by giving a gift anyone would appreciate.